Monday, July 29, 2013

First Day of Bootcamp

Today was my (H) first day of Bootcamp. It is a Bootcamp run by a local Zumba studio in Omaha, run by my friend's mom. It is from 5:30am-6:30am, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for 4 weeks. 
Today we mostly did testing to see how many push-ups, sit-ups, burpees, and dips we could do. We then moved on to the actual workout. We ran, did several series of side steps/gallops non-stop back and forth (to work our legs) and then we ran up a hill doing a high-low workout, which is more productive in working more of our bodies. (Running combined with push-ups and then running combined with sit-ups.) We then did a partner challenge, which you can do with any number of people. One person stays at the bottom of the hill in a plank postion while the other bear crawls up the hill and runs back down. Then, they switch. Afterwards we stretched for awhile, which is very important after any workout. 
Today's workout was very hard for me (H). It really showed me what I already knew to be true--I am out of shape. About halfway through the workout I felt sick to my stomach like I was going to throw up. (And I do have to admit that I did in fact throw up after the workout was over.) 
I learned a lot about myself today and I found the areas I need to work at more (which seem to be many). Sure I wondered "What did I get myself into?", but in order for me to change and feel comfortable in my skin, I needed to push myself no matter how uncomfortable it was, and I need to continue if I have any hope of change.  Today I really proved to myself that I can do more than I think and that if I put in the effort and push through the pain, I can make it out. (And of course it took a lot of praying and will take a lot more to get through the one hour workouts.)
It doesn't matter what shape you are in. Everyone is able to do something. We all have to start somewhere. Even if you can only do short periods at a time with rests in between or just a slower paced workout. As long as you are giving it your all and pushing through to the very last, you will make a difference and see improvement in the long run. It might not be immediate, but it is worth it. 
                                    Sincerely H

MEASUREMENTS:
Arm- 10 in.
Chest- 33 in.
Waist- 32 in.
Hips- 36 1/4 in .
Thigh- 21 3/4 in.
Calf- 13 1/8 in.
Fat Percent- 17.1%
BMI- 18.8

No comments:

Post a Comment