Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Goals, Goals, Goals

Lately I have been thinking of my fitness goals. I really need to sit down and figure out what all I want to accomplish. I need to set up a plan and follow through. In the past I have continually failed, yet I keep doing the same things over and over again. So when I came across this picture it reminded me that I need to be realistic. I think my main problem was that I was setting my expectations too high and it was not possible or me to achieve them. This would lead to me constantly failing. I need to work at setting small goals that are attainable and that aren't taking me from one end of the spectrum to the other in a short amount of time. Of course I'm going to do poorly if I cannot achieve my goals. If I set the bar too high, I will always be disappointing myself. Now, what I really need to do is to sit down and clearly write out my goals and create definite regulations for them. I need to state them in a way that makes sense, inspires me, but also in a way that I can foresee them happening. 
B and I are following through and going to the mud run this weekend. The only problem is that this has been one of the worst weeks for both of us. We are both sick and in pain, but we know we need to do this race. We might not feel the best, but we will sure be mad at ourselves if we pass up an awesome opportunity like this one. We are worried about the run, but we know we have each other. 
This weekend will also be another turning point (hopefully!) I hope to put a plan in motion for healthy eating and exercising. I plan to set new goals and to make the healthy option the easiest option for me. Right now my life is super busy so I want to make sure that I don't have as many excuses not to be healthier. I want to push myself and also change for the better. 
                                           Sincerely H


No comments:

Post a Comment