Monday, September 2, 2013

Weekend Finds...

     Well, I didn't plan out everything I had hoped today, partially because I was busy and partially because I completely forgot. However, I did come across a really good article/ slideshow from Seventeen (http://www.seventeen.com/college/freshman/recipes-for-college-students#slide-1) that had some easy, healthy meals. I'm pretty sure I've seen it before, but it's still a good resource. It is intended for busy college students on a budget, so the recipes are simple and tasty, but they're also fast. This is really nice because with everything that's going on, I don't want to put in a ton of time to make meals. If I had time, I think that would be really fun, but I just don't right now. And since it's for the average college student, the ingredients are normal, easy-to-find products. None of the obscure "super-foods" that you have to search for hours to find, or the random substitutes that even the workers at Whole Foods have never heard of.
      Anyway, besides finding the article, I also found a couple exciting healthy foods when I was out shopping in the last couple days. First, at a nearby Aldi store, I found these amazing whole wheat wraps. They're 100 calories each and apparently have ground flax seed in them. So nice to find inexpensive healthy food! I just hope they're still there next time we go...      Then, from another store (I'm not sure if it was Super Saver or Target or what... I can't remember) I got a box of Arizona tea bags that were pomegranate with acai. The package says it contains "natural antioxidants." I'm not actually sure if that's true, but it's delicious either way.
     Okay last thing for now, because I'm tired and truly can't think clearly enough to come up with anything clever to say, here is one more thing I found. It's a quote I hadn't really thought about before: "If you want something you've never had, then you've got to do something you've never done." I'm sure plenty of you have heard this before, but I didn't until today. It put things into an interesting perspective. In a way it's obvious, but I hadn't really thought about it like that. My lifestyle has to change to something completely different if I want myself to change. Food for thought.

Sincerely, B
(Here are the marvelous wraps and tea I got!)

    

No comments:

Post a Comment