Monday, August 19, 2013

First Week of School, Last Week of Bootcamp

Today was an all-around good day. Today was my last Monday of Bootcamp and I can honestly say that I will be sad when it is over. It was also, however, my first day of school. (It was pretty tiring waking up so early, doing a day of work, and then 2 hours of volleyball afterwards.) In the morning I was pretty tired, but after Bootcamp I was feeling good. Today we pushed the instructors car again around the memorial, but sadly I had to leave before we got to do it again. Then it was straight home to hurry and get ready for my first day of my junior year. It was close, but I made it. School was boring and took forever, as usual, but soon it was time for volleyball. Today was also the first day of practices, so it was mostly conditioning and drills. We ran at the beginning, did drills, and then finished it off with some sprints. (Oh, how I hate running lines!) It was a very long 2 hours, but I somehow managed to pull through. I am very proud to say that today after practice I did not feel as bad as I usually do. I did not feel sick, but I did feel worn out. I feel that my endurance has improved and that I made a good step towards preparing myself for volleyball this year. 
Now that Bootcamp is almost over, I will really have to push myself to do what I don't want to do. Thankfully I will have volleyball, but it will still be up to me to train for the upcoming mud run. I have made improvements and have accomplished some minor things, but I still have a long ways to go before I am close to feeling great. I ordered some fitness books online and am hoping that I can learn some great tips from them. I cannot do it alone and I am glad I have a friend going through this with me, but also a God who is alway there. 
                                           Sincerely H

No comments:

Post a Comment