Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Who's Stopping You?

Today while browsing my twitter feed, I read a very interesting tweet. It really made me think about myself and it also inspired me a lot. I know the usual question is "What's stopping you?", but today I'm asking "Who's stopping you?"  I think that most of the time we try to pass the blame onto an object or "genetics", when in reality we are the ones standing in the way of becoming healthier. We (at least I am) are so stuck in our ways of bad eating and laziness that we don't want to actually get up and work. I personally would rather lay around and watch tv all day while snacking on whatever I want, instead of making all of my food myself, working out, and being productive. At some point in time it become less about "I can't" and more about "I don't want to". We have to realize the difference between inability and plain laziness. I understand that sometimes motivation is hard to come by, but there are many ways to help motivate yourself. Try posting pictures of yourself where you will see them or writing out quotes and posting them. It's nice to wake up and see something that will inspire you and start the day off right. Something to try is posting the phrase: "I accept myself unconditionally right now." What you do is post it on your mirror and twice a day for 30 days you look deeply into your own eyes and say this out loud. It might feel stupid, but it can't hurt to try.  It is simply a way to help boost your self esteem. (I know I'm going to try it.) So here you go, the tweet that inspired this whole post…


                                           Sincerely H

No comments:

Post a Comment