Sunday, August 11, 2013

Relaxation is a Must!

Every now and then we all feel the need to get comfy and really just relax. We all need those days where we just do something to pamper ourselves. It's always nice to be able to take a break from everything going on and just put a little time into yourself. In fact, tomorrow B and I are treating ourselves to a spa day. Whether you go out or do a home DIY, it's always fun to have a little fun with a close friend. Tomorrow we have an appointment at a local spa here in Omaha. We plan on getting a manicure and pedicure as well as a facial (which neither of us have had before). We have been trying to plan something like this for awhile and right before school seemed to be the best time. We just need a little calm before the storm, as the saying goes. We start school the next Monday so we thought we would relax before embarking on our toughest year of high school. We also plan on meeting at Panera before our little spa day just to have a nice chat. 
Relaxation doesn't just have to be something like a day at the spa. It can also be a simple day at home, not doing anything but laying around and enjoying yourself. It can also be as simple as picking up a yummy food you love and snuggling up with a movie. Relaxing really doesn't have to be anything extravagant. It can simply be taking a break from your busy life for a little while. Everyone relaxes in a different way. 
Since we're on the topic of relaxing, let's talk about working out. The other day at Bootcamp, my instructor said something that I had never heard before. She said that every 6 weeks or so you really need to take a short break from exercising in order to let your body rest. Now I'm not talking "short" like a month or even a couple of weeks. I'm talking a couple of days to one week. Although it is important to workout all the time, it is also important to let your body rest and recuperate. I would say take a break for more than 1 day but not more than 1 week, and if you are afraid of gaining weight, then just plan simple and healthy meals or a nice detox during that time. Just remember, it is always important to listen to your body. If it has only been a week or two since your last rest, but you feel really run down, then take another short break. It probably means that your body is stressed and that you just need to calm down. Sometimes I think we forget that our bodies can't handle 24/7 exercising 365 days a year. Everyone takes breaks even if it's just one day a week, instead of every so often taking a larger break. For me, my off day is Sunday. Part of that is the fact that I go to church and it is a day of rest, but it is also just the easiest day for me to not workout. 
Now, I'm not saying I'm an expert at fitness and health. (Nothing like that.) I'm simply passing on information that someone who is qualified on fitness and health told me. I feel that it is important to share what you learn so that other people can learn to. Just think, if you're wondering about this, how many other people are wondering about this? It's better to say something and have someone say, "I know.", then to have someone make a mistake because they are uneducated. I really enjoy learning new things about health and fitness and I also enjoy helping others. That's all I'm trying to do. I'm not trying to correct anyone or tell someone what they're doing is wrong. I only want to help others as others are helping me. 
Relaxation is very important to be successful. It helps rid your body of stress and it allows a release. It's also a great way to spend time with friends or to get some alone time. I hope this encourages some of you to try some new methods of relaxation, and some types of relaxation are actually workouts as well. You don't even have to give up working out to relax. I just want to encourage everyone to try and find different ways to relax that are easy and healthy and that they really enjoy. Relaxing can make all the difference in the world. 
                                        Sincerely H



No comments:

Post a Comment