Wednesday, August 7, 2013

When In a Rut, Try Something New

The other morning when I was up early for Bootcamp, it really hit me. I was so tired and worn out (from not enough sleep). It was getting pretty hard to wake up so early, drive somewhere, and then do an hour long workout. I know, I know it doesn't sound like much, but it really takes a lot out of you. I would wake up on Bootcamp days feeling so tired and saying, "I do not want to go today. I want to curl up and sleep for the rest of the day. I just want to binge on food and give up." Some mornings I would get up and it would be pretty chilly out and the ground would be a little wet, but I would still have to get down and do sit-ups or push-ups, etc. Everyday I would begrudgingly do the workouts. Then I realized that after the workouts (way after) I felt pretty good. I knew that I had worked out and that meant that I was working at it. However, it doesn't mean as much if you are still eating a bunch of junk, like me. (*cough cough) It also doesn't help me that on the off days I don't workout because I lack motivation and drive. This is something I'm really struggling with. I'm not saying I'm perfect or that I'm doing everything right. I'm just saying that you feel much better after you workout. You may feel terrible, be mad/sad, or feel incredibly tired, but trust me, you will regret it more when you don't workout. You will regret it even more if you also keep eating lots of crap, again like me. (*hack, cough, wheez) 
I do have lots of good ideas and also some good advice, but that doesn't mean that I follow it. A major thing I need to work on is my diet. I eat so horribly, it is ridiculous. I'm not saying that my workout routine doesn't need any work, but my diet needs the most work. After all, your diet is the most important part to becoming truly healthy. Most of the work is done in the kitchen. That doesn't mean that you don't need to workout though. You need both to succeed, but diet is definitely the number one thing that you need to focus on. I know it is so easy to just go grab a quick bite to eat, but trust me, you will most likely regret it! Honestly, I have felt that way many, many, many times. And EVERY SINGLE TIME I regret it!
I know we said we were starting a No Junk Food Challenge, but to tell you the truth I am having a really hard time with it. Not wanting to give up being healthy all together, I have decided to try and adopt a new plan: Clean Eating. I'm not going to be able to go 100% all the time for multiple reasons. I don't have access to everything I need and there are some things I am not able to restrict at this point in time. One thing I can say for sure though is that I am serious about changing my life and I am willing to alter my diet to do this. I'm doing Clean Eating because it is natural and extremely healthy. I need to spice up my diet without restricting too much, because it really throws me into a rut when I do. I know you might think I'm a quitter and that I haven't tried this No Junk Food Challenge long enough, but I just need to take a break. I personally don't care what you think. You can judge me if you want, but I need to do my own thing and discover new ways for me to be healthy. I may try this No Junk Food Challenge again, but for now I need to switch up my routine and try something new. So hold tight and later I will hopefully post some Clean Eating Recipes that everyone can enjoy. 
                                      Sincerely H
 
Here is a basic guide to Clean Eating. (In case you couldn't read). Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment