Thursday, August 29, 2013

Update Time!

     Update time! First off, today was super tiring, mostly because H and I were already exhausted from the rest of the week. Today we had school, then a shortened volleyball practice, and then a school Pep Rally. The thing is, even though it's practically fall, it was so hot out today! Not a good day to be outside for a rally. We left early, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it was still  miserable to stand out there. The air's so sticky here, and we were already sweaty from volleyball, so it was interesting.
     Speaking of volleyball... Practice actually wasn't too bad today. Mostly because it wasn't as long as normal, but also because I was seeing a little sliver of improvement. I'm finally serving okay and getting more used to the sprinting. It's crazy how you can get better at something after just a week. Even if it's just a little. I'm not saying that I did super good or anything - far from it - but it's still improvement. It makes me think about how if we could just get into the habit of eating right or stretching daily, we could probably improve really quickly. So why can't we seem to get into that habit? Still trying to figure that out... but I just can't seem to give up junk food! One challenge that H and I faced a lot today was cravings. It's always our downfall. Literally all day long we were talking about Dairy Queen and how we wanted a burger and fries and a cookie dough blizzard. The craving just went on and on and on. I ate candy and a little ice cream because I wanted it so bad, but even now, I'm thinking about how delicious some fries would be. (Side note: I usually hear that cravings mean your body needs something, but what does a burger, fries, and ice cream have that my body needs??)
     Anyway, even though I still want to eat all that stuff, I need to remember that I want a healthy body more than I want junk food. Maybe I'm craving DQ today, but I've been wanting a better body for years. Which should I work for?
Sincerely, B

 ((Disclaimer: I'm a little tired and out of it, so this post may or may not be coherent. . .))

No comments:

Post a Comment