Saturday, August 10, 2013

No More Excuses

Unfortunately, I (B) think that lately I have been making way too many excuses. Just today for instance, I convinced myself out of working out because of some pain in my foot. Listening to your body is important, but in this case, it's not like my foot is broken. Maybe I can't go run, but I can do an ab workout or pushups or squats. No. more. excuses.

Do I really want to be fit? Yes.
Do I truly want to be happy and healthy? Yes.
Do I want to look at myself in a year and be unhappy when I could change? NO! 

So it's time to be honest with myself.
     If I really want everything as bad as I say I do, I need to put in the work. I can't sit around crying and expect to be fit the next day. Since school starts pretty soon, my days will be much more structured and busy. I don't want to just jump in and hope it'll work out. I've done that too many times and I always end up disappointed in myself by the end.
It's time to adjust my goals, make some rules, and decide how much I'm willing to commit. So keeping school in mind, here we go. . .
   Food...
   1. Breakfast. I need to eat it every. single. day.  This year is going to be one of the hardest, so no going into the day without a well-rounded morning meal.
   2. Plan out snacks. Snacks for the day need to be healthy and energizing. Almonds, veggies and hummus, fruit, Clif bars. (Not chocolate and cookies and chips!)
   3. WATER! Ugh, I'm so bad at drinking water, but they say 6-8 cups, and so I must. How hard is it to bring a water bottle to school? No. more. excuses.
    Fitness...
   1. Stretch at least 15 minutes a day.
   2. Workout during the week. It's okay to start small, just do something!
   3. Rest on the weekend. That doesn't mean do nothing. Just focus on de-stressing. Even if homework makes that impossible...
   4. Be realistic. I can't beat myself up just because I'm not as fit as the girl who's been dancing since she was 2 or the other girl who can do a million push-ups and make it look easy. One day at a time.

I know these are all pretty basic principles, but I need basic. If I'm honest with myself, I'm super out of shape, but that doesn't matter. Even committing to something small will eventually give results. Time to stop making excuses, and start making progress.
Sincerely, B

 

No comments:

Post a Comment