Sunday, August 25, 2013

Focus on the Change

      So. . . this week has been crazy. I (B) was thinking about the first week of school that we just finished, and realizing how intense this year is going to be. Junior year has always been renowned as one of the hardest, so it's going to be hard to keep up with fitness as well. It's going to be really stressful with college visits, advanced classes, volleyball (and for H, soccer), and more. The more stressful it gets, the more we'll want to give up and get out. But we'll need to push through and find constant sources of inspiration/motivation. We'll have to focus on the process and the journey and remember that even though we won't see instant results, that doesn't mean we should give up.
    Speaking of motivation, on Wednesday, H and I, as well as another friend, got to go to the Ready to Wear portion of Omaha Fashion Week. The show was set up in a big white tent downtown, and was super fun. But seeing all the models and workers who were thin and fit also really reminded us of where we want to be. We decided that we want to try to model for the Fashion Week in the spring, so it also gave us a new goal. I know that those girls didn't start out as fit as they are and they must have worked hard for their bodies, so we can get there too. It just takes dedication, patience, and accountability.
     We may not get there the way we expected, and it will be tougher than we expect, but we have to push through. It's all about taking a step at a time, and trying a little more every day. Today, while I was searching for motivation, I found this quote or "rule" that changed the way I've been thinking about things. It stated "If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results." (Jack Dixon) I guess it showed me that part of the reason I haven't changed is because I'm focusing too much on the fact that I don't look how I want to in the end. A lot of times people say "just keep the end goal in mind." Sometimes that's the push you need, but a lot of times, we're too caught up in the goal, and forget that it's a process. If we focus on the changes, it will motivate us to keep going.
     So that's what I'm gonna try to do these next few weeks. Just focus on the change, and realize it's okay if I don't have instant success. The stress will keep rising, but hopefully so will the motivation and commitment. We'll try and keep you updated!                         
                                              Sincerely, B
                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment