Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Why Climb the Same Hill Twice?

This. This picture sums it up. Every time I (B) mess up, I always think "Why am I even trying? I'm not getting anywhere!!"or "I might as well give up." But in the end, as soon as you let a little slip become a down slide, it's so much harder to pick it back up. If you have to take a little break, okay fine -- in fact, that can be good for you -- but if you completely give up, all your hard work is wasted.

That is what happened this summer -- well, really, this whole last year. I used to work out a lot more. I would run and do Jillian Michaels DVDs and I was excited when I found a new ab or leg workout.  But then I let everything slide. Now it's the end of the summer, and I'm facing a whole new, more stressful year, not to mention the start of volleyball. I let all my determination fade away and now I'm stuck at the bottom of the hill. I have to climb up all over again, and it's so ridiculously discouraging.

That's why, starting now, I'm committing myself to health and doing my best to improve my well-being.  Tonight, hopefully in the next hour, I am going to literally write out a contract with myself, sign it, and pin it on my wall, because I don't know how else to keep myself accountable. (I don't think you're supposed to pin things on walls when you rent a house. Actually I don't know. Oh well. . .) It sounds sort of stupid, but I don't care. And then when I'm finished I will share it with someone. With H, or with you guys, or someone, because I need to make sure that this time I don't let everything I'm working for go to waste. 

All I can do right now is make sure that the next time I slip, I get back up and keep pushing before it's too late. I'm tired of giving up and starting over. So it's time to stop.

"Don't quit. You're already in pain. You're already hurt. Get a reward from it." 
(Unknown)
Sincerely, B


No comments:

Post a Comment