Sunday, August 4, 2013

Our Definition of Fitness

     Well, I (B) don't have a lot to write about right now, so I thought I'd just share some thoughts about my goals and I guess just thoughts in general.
     I've been thinking a lot lately about my fitness/health, and what exactly I'm trying to accomplish. A lot of the time, I think of fitness as being "thin" or "strong." But I feel like fitness is supposed to be more than that. I think it's also about balance, moderation, and confidence in all aspects of life. In a way, my goal is just to be comfortable in my skin, but I'm not positive how to get there. I tend to second guess and criticize myself a lot. I make things more complicated then they should be, and make goals that aren't realistic. I know that it sets me up for failure, but I'm just used to operating that way. H and I are both kinda like this, and I think she'd agree that it's a stressful way to live. I read a book one time in which the author said something like "you can't be both stressed and passionate about life, and I'd much prefer to be passionate". I think it's good to remind myself sometimes that  de-stressing and taking time to enjoy life is just as important as working hard or reaching goals.
     Another thing I'm beginning to see and understand is the importance of having a good support system. A big part of staying sane in life is finding people who relate with you and want to see you succeed. Finding friends, family, or people from your church or work to build a support system for the harder days. That's a big part of why I appreciate H so much. She's one of the few people who understand the way I think and who I can talk freely with. It's also a big part of why we started this blog in the first place. We wanted to create a support system -- for each other, but also for people like us who need encouragement.
    Anyway, I realize that this is a somewhat long and chaotic post, but I just needed some time to think out loud. Or in this case, write everything out. Basically, this quote sums it all up:
 Sincerely, B

No comments:

Post a Comment